Grilled Steak with Herbed Gorgonzola Butter (Quick and Easy)
Pick your favorite cut of steak and generously season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Then grill to your desired temperature. Before grilling your steak mix up your butter. The excess butter can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks or easily frozen.
- 1/2 cup packed flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened 4 oz
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese can substitute Saga Blue
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, finely chop the parsley and thyme, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
Add the butter and process until smooth.
Add the Gorgonzola cheese, chives, salt and pepper and process until thoroughly blended.
Next, using a rubber spatula scrape the butter onto a 12-inch length of wax paper.
Fold the paper over the butter and, using the spatula to help, form the butter into a 1 by 5 inch log.
Twist the ends of the paper to secure snugly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
To serve, let the butter stand at room temperature for a few minutes until soft enough to slice easily.