This home made tartar sauce certainly is better than off-the-shelf, but also more time consuming. If you’re serving great fish, it’s well worth the effort.
Home Made Tartar Sauce
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 C real mayonnaise don’t scrimp here
- 1 C dill pickles finely chopped
- 2 t capers drained and chopped
- 1 T fresh dill
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- 1 t sugar
- ¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T onion finely chopped, (optional, I do without)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
Add more capers or lemon juice if desired.