Simple Mediterranean Baked Filet of Sole baked in a buttery lime/lemon sauce. Green onions, dill and capers are a welcomed addition to this tasty recipe.
🍷 I like a nice Bordeaux Blanc or unoaked Chardonnay pair nicely with this dish.
Mediterranean Baked Filet of Sole
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lime or lemon juice of
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted melted butter if you like it buttery, then add up to ½ cup
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly-sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp salt or to your taste
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Moody’s Butter Garlic seasoning
- 1.5 lb Sole fillet about 10-12 thin fillets
- 4-6 green onions top trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1 lime or lemon sliced (optional)
- ¾ cup roughly chopped fresh dill for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil and melted butter with a dash of Moody’s Butter Garlic seasoning. Stir in the shallots, garlic and capers.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Spice fish fillets each on both sides.
Place the fish fillets on a lightly oiled large baking pan or dish. Cover with the buttery lime mixture you prepared earlier. Now arrange the green onion halves and lime slices on top.
Bake in 375 degrees heated oven for 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook.
Remove the fish fillets from the oven and garnish with the chopped fresh dill.
Serve with roasted Greek potatoes and a simple Mediterranean salad.