Who doesn’t love a hot bowl of classic chili on a cold winter’s day?
🍷 Wine pairing: A hearty red goes nicely on a cold winter’s night!
Moody’s Foodie’s Classic Chili
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
Step ONE Ingredients
- 2 # Moody’s dry-aged ground beef
- 2 T canola oil
- 2 C chopped onion
- ½ C chopped green pepper
- 1 t kosher salt
- ½ t fresh ground black pepper
- ½ t granulated garlic
- 3 T chili powder
- 2 T ground cumin
- 1 ½ T fajita seasoning
Step TWO Ingredients
- 3 cans 14 oz each diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can water
- 1 bay leaf
Step ONE Preparation:
In a soup pot, add the canola oil and begin to brown the ground beef
Once browned add the onions and peppers, stir, and add all the remaining seasonings
Step TWO Preparation:
Bring to a low boil and then simmer for 1 to 2 hours.
Adjust seasonings to taste.