Turkish Grilled Chicken
This has long been one of my favorites and it is easy to prepare and inexpensive to serve to the weekend family gathering. You’ll get lots of compliments.
- 2 pounds Moody’s boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half then cut in half again (put in freezer before cutting to make it easier to cut).
- ¼ to ½ C olive oil
- 2 large or 3 small onions cut in half-moon more is better
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 t cumin can add more to taste
- ½ t salt
- juice from ½ lemon
- chopped parsley
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash (1/4 tsp) red pepper flakes
- 18” to 24” aluminum foil
Mix all ingredients, except the chicken in a large bowl or large zip-lock bag.
Place the chicken in the bowl or bag, ensuring the chicken is well coated, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat your grill and place the foil with edges curled up to retain the marinade.
Put the chicken and onions on the foil with the marinade and “sauté” the chicken and onions until they begin to brown, turn and sauté until done, about 10 to 12 minutes.